Business Auto Claims
A Commercial Automobile policy responds to claims for bodily injury or property damage, to a third party, for which the insured is legally liable arising from the maintenance, operation or use a motor vehicle. This policy can also respond to damages to the insured’s automobile as the result of collision, fire and theft if this coverage was purchased.
Automobile Accident Checklist:
Below are some helpful tips in the event you are in an accident.
Feel free to print this page, and keep handy in your glove compartment.
Immediately following the accident:
- Remain calm.
- Move your auto out of the road/harms way, if possible. Turn off vehicle.
- Make sure everyone is alright - Check to see who needs medical attention.
- Call the police immediately. Arrange ambulance transportation for the injured.
- Take pictures of the damaged autos and the accident scene.
Exchange the following information with all parties involved in the accident:
- Names of all other parties involved in the accident
- Addresses and e-mail addresses
- Phone numbers
- Driver’s License Numbers
- License Plate Numbers
- Year, Make and Model of vehicles involved
- Name of insurance companies for all vehicles involved (located on your registration)
In addition, secure the following:
- Date, time, and place of the accident
- Note the weather and road conditions at the time of the accident
- Description of speed, and direction of vehicles that were traveling
- Secure the names, addresses and phone number of all witnesses
While at the accident scene, it is critical to cooperate with the police, and answer questions truthfully. Make no admissions as to fault or liability. Remain calm and do not engage other operators in speculation ad to fault.
Once you are safely at your place of work/home, call your Insurance Company directly to report the claim (see the carriers list) or call us to gain assistance and peace of mind.
Click here to get a copy of Massachusetts Motor Vehicle Crash Operator Report