Our Agency is dedicated to providing quality service and definitive results when handling loss notices for our customers. Our team of highly trained personal and commercial lines account managers will assist both you and your insurance carrier to resolve claims matters in an efficient and professional manner.
To report a claim, simply call one of our two area offices anytime, Monday through Friday, between the hours of 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM, and an agency representative will be happy to assist you. However, if the need to file a loss arises when our offices are closed, you can easily submit a report by calling a 24-hour claim number offered by each of our personal and commercial lines insurance carriers. Click here to find your carrier’s information.
Automobile Accident Checklist:
Below are some helpful tips in the event you are in an accident.
Feel free to print this page, and keep handy in your glove compartment.
- Remain calm.
- Move your auto out of the road/harms way, if possible. Turn off vehicle.
- Make sure everyone is alright. – Check to see who needs medical attention.
- Call the police immediately. Arrange ambulance transportation if injuries.
- Take pictures.
- Exchange the following information with all parties involved in the accident:
- Names of all other parties involved in the accident
- Phone Numbers
- Driver’s License Numbers
- License Plate Numbers
- Year, Make and Model of vehicles involved
- Name of insurance companies for all vehicles involved (located on your registration)
- Location of the Accident (Street Names, Landmarks, Route Names)
- Note the Weather and Road Conditions at the time of the Accident
- Description of speed, and direction of vehicles that were traveling
When at the accident scene, it is critical to cooperate with the police, and answer questions truthfully.
Once you are safely at home, call your Insurance Company directly to report the claim (list below of companies), or call us at Appleby & Wyman, to get the ball rolling for you.
Download a copy of Massachusetts Motor Vehicle Crash Operator Report
Homeowners Claims Checklist:
Immediately following a Homeowner Loss:
- Protect yourself and others. – Take care and caution when entering a damaged building at any time.
- Report loss to the local police. Obtain a copy of the police report.
- Immediately report downed power lines or if you smell gas, to the utility company.
- Keep electricity off, if there is any standing water in the home
- Report Your Loss to your Insurance Company, or call us at Appleby & Wyman to have us submit the claim on your behalf.
Keep a log of where, when and how the loss occurred, as you will need to report this information in as much detail as possible to the claims department of your insurance company.
Also keep a list of damage or lost items. Keep damaged items until your adjustor has visited the home. You may also wish to consider taking pictures or a video of the damaged items in your home.
Keep all of your receipts!