Extreme Heat and Your Employees
Posted on 07.26.2019 Announcements
With the temperatures soaring, heat can lead to heat stroke and even death. OSHA recommends:
To prevent heat-related illness and fatalities on the job:
- Drink water every 15 minutes, even if you are not thirsty.
- Rest in the shade to cool down.
- Wear a hat and light-colored clothing.
- Learn the signs of heat illness and what to do in an emergency.
- Keep an eye on fellow workers.
- "Easy does it" on your first days of work in the heat. You need to get used to it.